Smoking and drinking is widespread in most countries despite the proven bad effects on our body. Many people either do not know what harm they cause, or do not want to accept, because they are dependent on alcohol or nicotine and can not quit. As you know, when you’re addicted to something, the most difficult is to admit you have a problem. While alcohol harm only to yourself, then with cigarettes you harms and others as they become passive smokers.
Nicotine is a drug that requires only 7 to 8 seconds to reach the brain. Recent studies have shown that nicotine induces a number of effects in the brain. In particular, studies on the nature of the addiction thereof show that nicotine activates the mesolimbic pathway (system control feeling of satisfaction) – by affecting the activity of the neural circuits in the brain responsible for sensations such as pleasure and euphoria.
Nicotine also affects the peripheral nervous system, increases blood pressure and accelerated heart rate. When taking higher doses of nicotine could also have suppressive action, characterized by a weakening of attention and concentration. Vasoconstriction external results in pallor, and poor blood supply to the skin causes rapid aging. Nicotine affects the skeletal muscles, causing slight but noticeable tremor.
Prolonged use of nicotine can lead to a number of injuries and diseases of the human body. For respiratory effects are difficulty breathing, chronic bronchitis and sometimes asthma. In the cardiovascular system have been observed increased blood pressure, increased heart rate, chest pain, damage to blood vessel walls, impaired Dew. In some cases, prolonged use may lead to myocardial infarction.
Carbon monoxide enters the body by inhalation. It blocks the hemoglobin to form carboxyhemoglobin with him. As a result, limiting the transport of oxygen from the lungs to cells and tissues. Hypoxia occurs, for which are most sensitive cells of the nervous system. Furthermore, the carbon monoxide blocks the enzyme systems in the cells of the central nervous system and parenchymal organs. Arises general hypoxia.
Can cause cerebral edema, pulmonary edema, dystrophic changes in myocardium, kidney, multiple punctate hemorrhages. Tissues and blood are bright red.
Passive smokers are at a risk situation and are exposed to a larger amount of gas, since there are no filter to purify the compound. So most often the victims of carbon dioxide become passive smokers.
Not so harmful, but it can cause a number of respiratory problems. Prolonged exposure of the gas may result in chronic bronchitis and asthma.
It is found in cigarette smoke. Inhaled, it sticks to lung cells and reduces the active surface, absorbing oxygen. In long-term smoking can cover up to 70%. Irritates the mucous membranes and is guilty of lung inflammation and extraordinary load on the heart and increase blood even at moderately increased cardio activity.
Damage to athletes:
– increases the risk of heart attack when doing cardio
– decreased aerobic capacity
– metabolism slows down
– eliminate cardio benefits on the heart
– cigarette after cardio increases the carcinogenic effects of tobacco smoke
– additional stress on the heart
– causing hormonal imbalance (leptin-androstenedione in men, estrogen-leptin, leptin, insulin)
– eliminates the benefits of sport in terms of slowing the loss of bone mineral density
– Set a quit date
– Tell family, friends, and co-workers that you plan to quit
– Anticipate and plan for the challenges you’ll face while quitting
– Remove cigarettes and other tobacco products from your home, car, and work
– Talk to your doctor about getting help to quit
Every young person used alcohol at some time in their lives. Some more common, some less. Quite exercisers also use alcohol, some of them do not even know about the damage on the body and their training. However, let us look at how alcohol damages the muscles.
– Alcohol is a depressant, it slows reactions by acting directly on the nervous system
– slowed thinking
– impair correct (sober) assessment
– temporarily reduced hearing and eyesight
– violates ability to maintain balance
Alcohol is made up of empty calories. It has no nutrients, but has 7 calories per gram. Those of you who are trying to lose weight, can forget about success if they use alcohol. Not only that, taking steady number of calories, but alcohol also slows metabolism by breaking the Krebs cycle. By interruption of the cycle, the fat can not be decomposed.
Bad effects of alcohol:
– Alcohol slows down liver function and thus reduces the capacity of the liver to react on different process – sudden changes of blood sugar levels by slowing the release of glucose from glycogen liver. Alcohol consumption after exercise reduces the liver’s ability to restore glycogen levels
– Processing of alcohol in the liver compete processing of lactic acid, which accumulates in muscles after workouts with heavy, long series and high volume performance. Such are the typical bodybuilding split workouts for muscle mass.
– Worse tissue nutrition, narrows the cross section of the artery, thereby reducing the flow of oxygen and attached insulin to the muscles. The result is increased heart rate and blood pressure.
– Alcohol damages on muscle growth. In addition to diminished activity in the hall after a binge, alcohol decreases protein synthesis by 20%. The reason for this is the dehydration of the muscle cells. And because they can not retain water, growth becomes damn slow. Moreover, the alcohol blocking the absorption of nutrients such as phosphorus, magnesium, iron, calcium, which are of vital importance for the body.
– Alcohol affects the concentration of testosterone in the body of the male, with the resulting degradation of the muscle tissue.
– Alcohol interferes with muscle recovery after exercise as it is a toxin and the body releases energy to deal with it. This yields a poor recovery after exercise. The negative impact is double – muscles do not recover enough on the other hand is the lack of power for the next workouts because they are incomplete.
– The loss of water cost extra work of the kidneys – something that should not afford any concern about his health fitness enthusiast, as the loss of fluids is associated with loss of salts, and this affects the quality of training, taking off dramatically threshold of endurance.
When additional intake (poisoning) can follow:
– irritation of the gastric mucosa, vomiting
– rapid loss of heat
– disruption of speech functions
– inability to walk
– Korsakov’s psychosis
– alcohol nap
– alcoholic coma
– Do NOT keep alcohol at home or work
– Do NOT skip meals
– Do NOT talk, think or act as if you are powerless before your addiction
– Do NOT let one mistake ruin your resolve
– DO maintain a healthy diet
– DO start exercising
– DO remember the heartache that alcohol abuse has caused in your life
– DO recognize that a sugar addiction often leads into an alcohol addiction
– DO recognize the wonderful miracle of pure, drinking water
– DO be thankful for the many blessings that you already have
It has been proven that it will not harm you if you drink a little drink once a week, or a glass of beer or wine. Or you can relax once a month and go out with friends because we do not have to turn into robots and have fun from time to time. I think cigarettes are unacceptable and many people have succumbed after the first cigarette and now do not have the will to quit, so for them I am strongly against.