Sometimes its not that you are doing something wrong, but your body and health is not doing well. This is the case with Dan Pace, who couldn’t made good progress for years, but he managed to find what cause it and fixed it, he have low testosterone levels.
Testosterone is a hormone which is produced by the human body. Men have much higher levels of testosterone than women, because it is mainly produce in the testicle. Testosterone stimulates sper production and sex drive, it is the key in muscle build and bone mass. Production increases during puberty and starts to decrease after age of 30. Normal range of testosterone is 300- 1000 ng/dL, everything bellow that is low. Symptoms of low testosterone levels:
- Loss of muscle mass. Men with low testosterone will notice a decrease in both strength and muscle mass, as the hormone plays huge role in building them.
- Higher body fat. There are researches shows that testosterone influence the way your body stores fat. This is the reasone why many men with low T levels develop gynecomastia.
- Decrease in bone mass. This condition is called osteoporosis and is mainly experienced by women. But because testosterone aids in the strengthening and production of bones, men with low T have bigger chanses to experience it too.
- Hair Loss. Low testosterone can be a reasone for loss of body hair and facial hair too.
- Low Sex Drive. Men with low T will feel drastic drop in desire for sex. It can cause difficulties in achieving erection too.
- Decrease in energy levels. Another symptom is low energy levels, you will be tired all of the time, and find it hard to get motivated.
How to cure low testosterone:
- Sleep more. Lack of sleep can cause low testosterone. Researches shows that your testosterone level starts to decrease only after one week of reduced sleep. You need at least 7 hours of sleep to be healthy.
- Get enough Zinc. Zinc is important in regulating serum testosterone levels. Food reach with zinc are: Oysters, beans, crab, lobste, nuts, whole grains.
- Less sugar. Researches shows that glucose reduce testosternone levels in the blood by 25 %
- By exercising you boost your energy and endurance.
- Lose weight. Studies shows that men with normal weight have a lower risk of low levels testosterone.
Read Dan Pace story, to see what he have experienced:
From 230 to 220 lbs. I found out I had low testosterone. I was working my tail off at the gym but no results. I got blood work done and found out I had low T and needed to start taking vitamin C & D.
I have been in and out of gyms since I was about 17. I took a couple years off after having kids. When I got back going to the gym on regular basis I want making any progress after several months. I saw an infomercial called ceniginics (not sure if that I the correct spelling) with an 60+ years old man called Dr. Life. He was the one that said to get your blood work done to see your testosterone and vitamin levels. I went to the doctors office and told him I wanted to get my testosterone level checked. He didn’t think it was low due to my age at the time. I was 26 or 27. After a couple of weeks I get a call to set up an appointment at the doctors office. My level was in the 200s we here it should have been between 800-1200. I started taking a 1cc shot of depo-testosterone every other week. I was also low in vitamin C & D. I could tell a big difference in energy. The fat started coming off and my strength was increasing.